Hey all. It has been a while since I posted. We are settling in to a week without family and getting into some sort of routine. I realized today that I was going to have to start cooking again! Which..made me realize...I HAVE to go to the grocery store TODAY! Parker is now a little over a month old. He is a little cutie, but a bit grouchy. Now, he does not cry that much, just kinda cranky. Take this with a grain of salt, because after raising what seemed to be the perfect baby (Savannah) any child is going to seem cranky and a grouch. He is doing well. He is getting up once a night to feed and then eats like a mad man most of the day. He has gained a whopping 3 POUNDS since he was born!!! He is a big boy at almost 12 pounds. We started giving him some Zantac for his reflux and have seen some improvement. We bought a double stroller over the weekend, so now I can take both kids out shopping and on walks, and it has already made my life easier. Savannah loves her new stroller and even wanted to sit in it to watch Dora the other morning while I took a shower...fine with me! She was contained....Parker was safe from her....so, I rolled with it!
We are getting into the Christmas mood! We are planning to put up decorations tonight, as long as we can keep both kids happy long enough to do it. We will see. I have not wanted to brave the crowds, so I have been doing a lot of Christmas shopping online this year. WOW! What great deals, and most places offer free shipping. There is NO need to leave my couch!! This is pretty convenient for when I am nursing and watching the Polar Express for the hundredth time.
We are excited because we have decided to put Savannah in a preschool starting in January. She will go three days a week from 9-12. Several of her little friends here on base go to this preschool and they love it. We are looking forward to her getting some quality time with other kids and some good learning in, while I am still adjusting to being a mom to a newborn. This will give her a few good hours of play time and give Parker and I some good bonding time, as well. Plus, I will be able to get some errands done that will be easier with only one kid!! It works out best for everyone...and she is excited to get to go to "school."
What else is new? I can't think of a thing. People keep asking me what's been going on...and the only thing I can think to say is....I am a mom of two little kids, there is ALWAYS something going on...even if it is not very exciting to report. I will say that I am learning something new every day. I am learning to get by with very little sleep, and learning to not care that people see me with three inch dark circles around my eyes. I am learning, and not too gracefully, I might add, the meaning of patience. I want answers about why Parker cries so I can fix it right away....I have been forced to accept that babies sometime cry...for no real reason....in the middle of the store...but it is OK!! I am learning to put Savannah to bed with one hand while nursing with the other, make her a sandwich while bouncing a baby on my hip, feeding her yogurt while changing a diaper....I have learned that God doesn't have to answer my 29239292 prayers a day the exact way I want Him to! I pray for more sleep, a happy baby, a restful toddler, etc. Some days....I get it...some..not so much. But you know what, this is exactly how I imagined it, and I will be a better person for it! Life's too short....these are the good days! They are character building! Babies grow up way too fast, so even if my days are long and my eyes are tired, I am savoring every moment!!
I'll leave you with a sweet little story from yesterday. We were on our way the the car dealership and Parker was fussing in the back seat. Savannah leaned over, as sweet as can be, and said, "Parker, it's ok. We'll be there soon and then you can drink Mommy's milk." It was funny, but so sweet at the same time. She has simmered down on her obsession with my breasts, and even says to herself, "We don't talk about that," if she starts to make some reference to my breasts. LOL..it is really cute!
Alright, forgive me if this all makes no sense! I am blogging while I should be napping, since both kids are finally asleep. I hope to get some new pictures up really soon!! Maybe even some from tonight! Happy Blogging!!
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Wow. I could have written a post just like that! :) Living it right along with you!!
Speaking of food . . . I have some I need to bring to you. :)
Can't wait to see that sweet boy!
Post a Comment