Tuesday, February 15, 2011

If we are moving....

We have about another week before we should hear at least a sliver of what is going to happen with our future. Even in this short time of uncertainty, we have said on numerous occasions, "Well, IF WE ARE MOVING, then....". Here are some examples:

"Gross, we need a new shower curtain." "Well, IF WE ARE MOVING, we should just hold off until we get into the new house."

"Let's hang out with our new friends." "Should we really be making new friends IF WE ARE MOVING?"

"We need to plan family vacation." "Well, until we know IF WE ARE MOVING, we won't know if/when we will be able to."

"A new couple wants to join our small group." "Well, IF WE ARE MOVING, will there even be a small group next year?"

"We need to register Parker for preschool next year." "Well, IF WE ARE MOVING, he will not go to school here."

"Where will Savannah go to kindergarten?" "We are waiting to find out IF WE ARE MOVING, but if we stay here, it will be Quest."

You get my drift? It is always something. However, I am sure that IF WE ARE MOVING, there will be a whole new set of "ifs" to go along with that too :)

I am not stressed out about it, but I will be glad to find out at least a little something. It is unsettling knowing that, in a matter of days, our lives could drastically change.....or maybe they won't change at all!! AGH! ;)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!!

"Trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." -Proverbs 3:5-6

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love that Bible verse. I feel like I've been living my entire adult life this way. This year is unfortunately no different. Brandon is changing jobs soon. We just don't know yet where his new job will be. ugh. In the meantime I feel like I can barely plan anything. I'm just trying to live in the moment and enjoy our current situation. Hopefully both of us will know what's coming next very soon. Best of luck to you!

Allison said...

love that reminder! keep us posted on what you find out. my vote is Knoxville....or at least Nashville!