So...Parker just passed the three week mark! WOW how time flies! Brent left on Thursday for LA for the week, so I had the kids for two whole days by myself. Survival mode had definitely kicked in. Luckily, my aunt and her friend got here yesterday and have provided some much needed relief! I have been able to rest a little today and am trying to catch up on my sleep and correspondence. Life has been pretty good in the Mundie house. Savannah is still giving us a hard time, but she is adjusting and luckily been sleeping in most days. Parker is doing pretty well, although he has resisted going to sleep at night the last couple of nights. I think his poor little tummy is so full of gas, it is hard for him to get comfortable. He had his two week appointment this past week and had gained TWO POUNDS already!! He was 10 pounds on Thursday! He is a big eater, but it is hard for me to tell when he is just fussing to fuss or to be fed. I am trying to learn. Unfortunately, I learn the hard way when I feed him and he doesn't need to be fed and then spits up all over me!!
Life has been very overwhelming taking care of two kiddos, but not so overwhelming that I cannot handle it. It is pretty close to how I imagined life with two kids would be. I am drained of energy and getting cabin fever, but we are adjusting and counting the days until Paker sleeps through the night....and these days, I am praying Savannah will sleep through the night. She has been getting up almost every night screaming about something. She has also been sick the last couple of days and cries over needing "tynol" or a drink in the middle of the night.
I am sure missing Brent and can't wait for him to get home. Unfortunately, we still have almost a week to go. He will be home next Saturday. Sigh....
So...this is it! I keep saying I wish I had journaled more with Savannah so I would be able to look back and see what kind of stuff she was doing at this age and how cranky she was. I feel like Parker is a little more cranky, but I also think it is because of his gassy belly. I am hoping that will get better over time! All in all, he is a great baby and we are having fun.
I need to take some pictures. When I do, I will post some more. Parker already looks so different!
Happy blogging!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Hey! I have been thinking about you guys tons and hoping that all is well. Can't wait to see recent pics of your 10 pound boy! Hugs to you all.
Glad for the update. Been thinking of you guys! Can NOT wait to see you!
Good update. I'll say a special prayer for you Laura - to receive an extra dose of strength and energy! You are super mommy!
Post a Comment