So my husband totally scored MAJOR points today! I may just have a new diamond for my ring that is double the size on my old one!!!!!!!!! and brent may have surprised me with it today! How, you ask???
It is a long story...but here it goes....he is leaving tomorrow for a trip, and he wanted us to go out to dinner. But on the way, he said he needed to go to springfield mall to get something for his phone...so we all went in the mall (which actually took quite some effort because both kids were screaming...but he got us in). Every once in a while, we stop and look at stuff in the jewelry store, so we went in and he said, "Lets look at diamonds for your ring"....so we did. I tried one on to see if I liked the size and clarity, etc. and the lady said, "Wait, I have one that is just a little bigger and better quality than this one, under the counter...." so she pulled out another ring. I tried that one on, and of course liked it. Brent said, "Do you like that ring?" and I said, "Yes, of course." and he goes, "Well, its yours." I was like..."Ha ha very funny"..and he was like.."It's yours." and they both started smiling. Apparently, he had been in cahoots with this jeweler for days and had gone in the other day to buy it for me. so..SURPRISE.
The funny thing is that my current ring is at the jeweler getting re sized because it fell off at the beach so...i had no ring to give her to put the new diamond into. Brent had forgotten I sent it off. So...she said, "Why don't you just take this ring (the one with my new diamond in it) home with you to wear until you get your old ring back, then we will do the exchange!" So i was like...HECK YEAH! So..in about a week, I will give her both rings and she will send them off and get the new diamond put into the old setting!
WHAT A SURPRISE! It almost felt like getting engaged all over again!
He is a pretty sweet guy, if I do say so myself and I think he totally deserves me bragging on him for thinking up such a sweet way to give me my super sweet gift!
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Hey why no pictures? I want to see a picture of this massive diamond!
Hey Laura! What a man you have! You better hold on tight to him. And you have such cute kids too! Thanks for stopping by our blog and commenting!
I knew he was great, even before the big diamond...and also without the big diamond....
He's a keeper and we love him. You are definitely worth it all!
Love - Helen
HOw sweet of Brent! Next post pics of this new ring!!!
I know, where are the pics!? :) Hope you are doing well, loved this story..see you soon!!
OK, Brent, not cool...you just make all us other husbands look like DAWGS!! lol
Post a Comment