Monday, August 24, 2009

Having a hard time with a whitty Title....



Life, as always, in the Mundie house has been B-U-S-Y! Even though the household projects are slowing down, life is kicking into to full speed. Savannah started preschool two weeks ago and LOVES it! Parker and I have started a Women's bible study at our church. Parker gets to go to nursery while mommy fellowships with other women about the book Captivating. I have never seen so many women at a midweek daytime bible study. We are also starting Savannah in a club called the Cubbie Club where she will learn bible verses, watch puppets, do crafts, etc. It is part of the group Awana's, that some of you may have heard of before. I think she will have a blast. She is SO smart. She has learned a ton of letters and knows what lots of words start with and can write about 15 different letters on her dry erase board. She has also made a new friend at school named Shelby. She has come home talking about this Shelby for the last two weeks. We actually didn't know there was a Shelby in her class (not on the class list) so we thought she was making her up! Luckily, when the directory came out yesterday, Shelby was on it! It is sweet to see her make her own friends and not just the ones mommy brings over.

What else? Well, our little man just turned 10 months and has three new teeth:

Tooth 3: Aug 10
Tooth 4: Aug 14
Tooth 5: Aug 26

He also just started saying Hi! So now he says, "momma, dadda, bye bye, and hi!"

He is almost walking and is the cutest little thing I have ever seen. He is so sweet and love playing with his toys.

We are still trying to find some friends in the area. Moving into an area where everyone is already established in their friendships has proven difficult to making friends....or maybe we just look weird! However, we have found several new friends at our church, so we are excited about that. WE STILL MISS OUR DC FRIENDS LIKE CRAZY THOUGH.... :( And, of course, our Knoxville friends and family.

I guess the biggest news in the house is that I am about to start a part time job working from home. I will be working for a company that helps register people and book tickets to Christian events such as Beth Moore conferences and Christian concerts like Aaron Shust! My new friend from our church is the manager over the company and got me the position. Also, April has taken a position with the company too, so we will be co-workers and sister-in-laws!

Well, our anniversary is Monday, so we are taking the kids down to Miami and Key Largo for the weekend! Hopefully we will get some good pictures to post! We are so busy, I feel like I never have time to update this thing.

I hope everyone is doing well, and I am planning on posting some house pictures soon too! The drill team from DC is coming over tonight for a BBQ because they are in town for a show. So...I have been cleaning like crazy, so I figured that this is a good time to get some shots. So...look for those soon!

Happy blogging!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Love hearing the updates on your sweet family. How cool is it that you get to just up and go to Miami and Key Largo for a weekend?! That is great...HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! We are heading to FT. Myers Sept 17 with D's family...you should come!!

H Vest said...

Is it six years for you and Brent??? I can't believe that! Congrats. I'm excited for Savannah and her new friend Shelby. We sure did miss you in Montgomery last weekend. Loved catching up with you guys through the blog!