.............Sigh....I have been TERRIBLE about my diet and exercise! Tis the season to gain 10 more pounds, I suppose! Luckily, I haven't gained any more weight, but definitely haven't lost any!
There is NO WAY I am going to be eating healthy the next few weeks...so, we'll start fresh with the diet when the new year arrives!
On other notes, we had a great Thanksgiving with my mom and David, including a great trip to Disney's Hollywood Studios. Pictures are forthcoming, but I am taking this time to write.
I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately and realize there are some thing in my life I would like to change. What got me thinking this way, you ask? Well, last weekend we purchased a new (to us) car. We haven't had a car payment in over a year, maybe close to two, so we have talked a lot about how we are going to swing this car payment........
This, in turn, caused us to take a look at our budget and see how we could tweak a few things to stretch our money.......
This turned into a discussion about how we could be more savvy and creative.......
Which turned into talk about how we could better ourselves and how we could make a few New Year's resolutions......
This, of course, turned into a discussion of how I feel like (sometimes) I am an inadequate mother and how I would like to change a few things about the way I handle myself and my parenting styles........
So, as you can see.....I have had a lot on my mind!
I think it is safe to say that the new year makes you think about a fresh start...you know..."a new year, a new you." Brent and I are determined to make some changes in our house in the new year.
Here are some of my/our resolutions:
1. Buy what we need, not every little cute thing I see. Change our mindset of "having a little debt is ok" to a desperation to be debt free. Dave Ramsey says something like, "Live like no one else today so that we can live like no one else later"....or something like that. He is basically saying, when we are young, live within your means and stay debt free so that when you are older, you can be free to do so much more with yourself and not be chained down to life long debt.
2. Read more. I do not love to read, but I feel as though I learn a lot from reading. Specifically, I want to read my bible more. I want to make myself take time in my day to read and less time messing around online.
3. Spend more quality one on one time with the kids. I feel as though I am good at keeping the kids busy, but when it comes to time at home, I feel as though I am lazy. I do not keep my motivation to do crafts, get down in the floor and play, and other things that are one on one interaction with the kids. I find myself saying, "We'll do that later," or "Just a minute," and then never following through with that promise. I think I am full or great ideas for the kids, and really want to make myself follow through with them. I want to make myself stay home more and have those quality times with the kids. They are growing up so fast and I will have plenty of time later for myself.
4. Take better care of myself. I want to work out more and eat the right things. I want to live a healthy lifestyle. Our family is going to run in a 5K in February, so I hope that will be motivation to get me moving once the holidays are over. Under this category, we will also add: GO TO BED EARLIER. I stay up way too late and then have no energy all day. We are working on getting to bed a little earlier every night with OUT the TV!!!!
These are just a few things that have been on my mind lately, and even though it will take a lot of work to accomplish my goals, I am sure I can do it.
Friday, December 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Just wanted to encourage you in your resolutions - All of them are definitely worthy of deep focus and will make a huge difference in your life if you stick with them! =)
I just found your blog through Brent's new one, and was excited to read a little more about your family and hear your thoughts - I have known the Mundie's since back when I was in highschool and they helped run Campaigners - Great family!
Anyway, just wanted to say, "hi" and that I will be checking out your site. Also wanted to just offer a word of encouragement as you embark on new challenges/goals for 2010. ~ Teniah
www.howellsinnewzealand.blogspot.com
You go girl on your New Years resolutions!! I am with you on all those!
You both are on the right track, hang in there!
Love to you all!
Helen
Post a Comment