So, yesterday at Savannah's school they did a top #10 things they were thankful for as part of a Thanksgiving program. I decided I would write my top 10. So, here it goes! These are in no particular order.
1. Jesus--If it weren't for Him, we could have none of this other stuff. I am daily thankful for my relationship with Jesus and thankful that He knows me, provides for me, forgives me, and loves me unconditionally.
2. Brent--I am thankful for his loving, patient nature. I am thankful for his hard work and commitment in the military. I am thankful that he loves me unconditionally. He is my best friend and I can't get enough of him.
3. The kids--I am thankful for these two little people who bring so much life into our home. I am thankful that they are sweet, goodhearted children. I am thankful for their smiles, hugs, laughs, noises, songs, and their innocent and unconditional love.
4. Our parents--I am always thankful for the love, support, and guidance that our parents bring to our lives. We have been blessed with parents who love us and care for us deeply. How could you ask for more?
5. Our family--We are thankful for our brothers (Matt and Jason) and our sisters (April and Kristen-had to add her in there!). We wish we could see them more but love them deeply! We are thankful for the newest sweet thing in this family, Mr. Van C. We are thankful for our grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. Our family has helped shape us into the people we have become and taught us some valuable lessons that we will be able to teach our children.
6. Old friends--I am thankful for friendships that continue to stand the test of time. That, even though we do not see each other often, when we do, we feel as though we have never left. For my newer older friends from NM and DC, who have been our families when we didn't have our own for support. I am thankful that we have friends all over the US and even some in other countries that love us and pray for us.
7. New friends--I am so thankful for all the new friends who have come into our life in such a short time. We have had an outpouring of love and kindness from people who barely know us. We are thankful for the potential long term friendships we will have with these people before we leave for our next adventure.
8. Health--Even though we have had our share of sickness in this house, it has not been life threatening. We have been blessed with good health and wellness.
9. House--We are so thankful to be celebrating the holidays in our own home. We love the space it gives us and are so thankful God has provided us this place to lay our heads.
10. Jobs--I am thankful that during this economic crisis, we both have jobs. I am thankful there is no threat of Brent losing his job. I am thankful that I enjoy my job and that it is flexible for a stay at home mom.
We are truly blessed! I hope you take the time to remember all the things you are thankful for.
We are thankful for each of you.
Happy Thanksgiving!!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Love your list, and love you!!
Beautiful list! Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment