I had to privilege to volunteer at the Extreme Makeover: Home Edition house here in our local community. It was a real honor and I loved every minute of it. All of the volunteers were super nice. I helped with the food, which meant I served the volunteers, ran errands between the catering tent and the VIP tent, and ran errands to the house for the workers who were too motivated to stop working long enough to eat :) The food donations were much appreciated and came from some amazing places. The night I was there, we served food from Beef O Bradys and Tropical Smoothie. Later that night, Texas Roadhouse was coming in to grill up a whole bunch of yummy food. We also had a Ben and Jerry's booth where you could go and get ice cream for free!! Lots of local groups have also donated TONS of baked goods. These volunteers are being treated really well. I was shocked to see TWO massage tents when I walked up. They were for the volunteers to come relax if their backs were sore, etc. Like I said, we were treated great!! I am sure hoping to get back down there for the MOVE THAT BUS ceremony Friday, but haven't found a sitter yet, so I am unsure :(
Here is a link to the story about why the family is getting the house done for them:
Here is a link to a live feed where you can watch the progress:
They aren't sure when it will air, but I heard sometime in February.
Here are a few pictures from when I was down there.
Here are a few pictures from when I was down there.



1 comment:
I just love it...I'm so glad you got to be a part of this. I would love to sometime be able to volunteer at one. Enjoy, and I think I saw that you are going to get to go to the Move That Buss on Friday. Love you girl - Helen
Post a Comment