Life is crazy around the Mundie house. I act like this is out of the ordinary, so I should say, thus ends another normal day....Brent should be getting home late tonight from his first long tour since he started the drill team. Savannah and mommy are VERY ready for him to be home. He has been gone for two weeks and we have really missed him. He has really missed some great moments here at home, as well. And....unfortunately, next Thursday, he will head out again for another ten days. However, next week, Savannah and I will head down to K-town for Will's wedding and then off to the beach with the family (minus Brent).
Some exciting news..I finished my Bachelors degree in Psychology last week, so now I am officially an adult, I've been told. I got some money for graduation and looking into an embroidery machine. So, if any of you have ideas, shoot me a comment or email. My sweet husband is throwing me a graduation party this weekend, so that should be fun. Having 30 people at our house seems a little overwhelming, but they 30 very fun people, so it will be a blast!
We went to the doctor for my 16 week OB checkup on Tuesday and scheduled the 20 week ultrasound for June 12th! So...we're moving right along. These appointments are pretty boring. They only last a couple of minutes, but they are reassuring everything is going well. We heard the heartbeat, and Savannah kept saying, "I hear baby sleeping." I have a doppler at home, but Savannah is always sleeping when I use it, so it was neat for her to hear her brother or sister. Great news is that they gave me some allergy medicine so, hopefully, I will be able to function like a normal person again.
In Savannah news....She is growing like a weed. I put some capri's on her from last year and they are short enough to be cute shorts!! The funny thing is they still fit her around the waist. Potty training is going....well, I should say...it is going NO WHERE!! Savannah completely refuses to sit on the potty and screams if I talk to her about it. She was doing pretty well, and then BAM! nothing! So, again, any suggestions? I have tried bribes of candy, stickers, toys, and NOTHING. I even bought her a "Dora learns how to potty" book.
I guess those are the happenings of the week here on Blanchard Dr. OH wait...I do need a moment to scream and holler about the traffic in this town. I will say what I have to say and put it to rest....I HATE DC TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It seems that the people in northern Virginia and the people in Maryland/DC want nothing to do with each other. They have practically built walls around the city that prevent me from getting anywhere in less than an hour....yes, anywhere. When it takes you over an hour to get to a Target that should only take 15 minutes, SOMETHING IS WRONG. Why would they work on both bridges that connect the two sides of the river at the same time?!?!??!?!?!? WHO KNOWS!!!?!?! Whew....ok, now that is off my chest, I can rest easier! I will be glad when we live in a town where I can run more than one errand in three hours. That will be nice....
Oh wait...then I will have TWO kids to cart around...and entirely new traumatic and fun filled experience, I'm sure!
Well, now that I have written a whole novel. I will end my first post as a blogspot blogger. I have finally reached the 21st century!
I promise that next time I post I will include some new pictures.
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Hey Laura! Glad you've joined the blog world...it's lots of fun. Check mine out when you get the chance. www.thebeeinme.blogspot.com
Sounds like you've got a lot going on right now! Congratulations on graduation and the new addition tot your family!
Take care!
Love it, love it, love it...... since I can't see your face on a daily (or monthly!) basis, at least now I can keep up with you, B, S & baby M. Can't wait to see you on Saturday and celebrate your major achievement- I have no idea how you finished with a busy toddler at your heels....you are amazing! I can't wait to see your cute belly too :). Hugs, Kelly
Yeah!!! I will put a link to your blog from mine!!! Glad to have another blogging buddy! Glad to hear all is well too with you and S, B and new baby!!
Yea for blogs!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!! :)
Laura, I'm so excited for you, Brent, and Savannah!!! Congratulations on earning your Bachelor's degree, that must be such a relief to have done and checked off the "list." You all look great and I can't wait to find out what you're having!!!
BTW, I voted for Carter for a boy and I also vote for Carter as a girl's name because my maid of honor is a female Carter. It's great for either a little boy or girl :)
Post a Comment