Thursday, April 30, 2009
Be still and know that He is God....
Wow...how this song has impacted my life the last few days! After HOURS and HOURS of house hunting online, realizing the market isn't quite as bad as we were hoping, understanding that we may have to pay more for the type of house that we want....and coming to grasp the fact that in three days we will begin our actual search for a home that must be completed in less than 1o days....well, needless to say, I started feeling OVERWHELMED!
We have made a list of houses to see when we get to Melbourne, and of course, several of them have gone under contract....including our two favorites! I am not super thrilled with any of the houses on the list, but understand that there is no perfect house for us..... there will always be something to compromise....especially on a budget and as first time home buyers.
As I am venting all my anxieties out to Brent, along with telling him about the long day with the kids, this song starts to play.
"Be still and know that He is God....
Be still and know that He is Holy....
Be still oh restless soul of mine
Bow before the Prince of Peace...
Let the noise and clamor cease...
Be still....
Be still and know that He is God
Be still and know that He is faithful
Consider all that he has done
Stand in awe and be amazed
And know that He will never change
Be still....
Be still and know that he is God
Be still and know he is our Father
Come rest your head upon his breast
Listen to the rhythm of his unfailing heart of love
Beating for His little ones
Calling each of us to come
Be still...."
I need to stop and realize that God is in control of this move. His hand is helping guide our decisions and we need to stop and allow Him to lead us. Be still through the hustle and bustle of our lives and grab hold of Him. I have decided that God places these songs or situations in my life right when I need them the most. It was like He was saying, "Laura, Be still....calm down and know that I am here for you. I will be with you always...in every decision you make. Be still....I will take care of you and your family."
Since then, I have tried to be still....TRIED being the operative word. I just thought I would share because it amazes me how God speaks to us in the most random ways.
Quote of the day: "Where are we going God?" Savannah asks. "Oh, we are going to Chick Fil A!...You want to go?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Very inspiring, as I sometimes forget He is the one in control and will take care of us. I am sure everything will work out for you and your family with the move. I wish you all the best.
All I can say is AMEN!!!
Helen
Post a Comment