Thursday, April 9, 2009

Long Time No Posts

Well...it has been over a month since I last posted and, boy, have we been busy. First, we had Helen and Kristen come visit and help get our crowd (including Chloe) down south for the month of March. While Helen and Kristen were here, they helped Savannah make her first Easter Bunny cake. Here is a picture of that to enjoy.

And, of course, we never got a finished product!

After a brief stop in Knoxville, we headed straight to Atlanta to visit my dad. We had a great time hanging out, even though there was a lot of rain. I didn't have my camera out much, so I didn't get any pictures of us there.

Our next stop was the Mundie house. We spent some time hanging out and also meet all of Grammy and Toms coworkers! Of course the kids were a hit! Here are a few pictures from our visit with them. (Thank Jenny for the photos, I didn't take a single one)









After Atlanta, we were SUPER excited to go see Brent and spend some great time with him in Montgomery. We had some much needed rest, but also got to see April and Andrew and Hannah and Jeremy. It was a great weekend. It was also a HOT weekend and Brent and Savannah actually went swimming. I have a few pictures from that day.








Parker and I watched from the side, but he was very excited about trying the pool out soon!

After a great weekend with Brent, we headed to Knoxville to spend some time with family and friends. We even got to see precious little Cole along the way. I helped to host a shower for sweet baby Nolan due in June. Here are some pics from that shower. (thanks sara for the pics)









The day after the shower, my mom, the kids, and I hopped back in the car for ANOTHER road trip down to Montgomery to see Brent. My mom hasn't seen Brent perform, so I thought it was a good opportunity. Here are a couple of pictures from that trip.







After we got back to Knoxville, we learned my brother was moving back there, so we got to house hunt with him a little. I thought it would satisfy my house hunting itch, but it only made it worse. We also had a wedding shower for Matt and Allie on Saturday before I left. I, again, didn't have my camera, so hopefully I will get some pictures of that up soon when someone is willing to share.

The trip was great, but there is nothing like coming home and sleeping in my own bed. I have also never seen Savannah so excited to see her toys. We are also thrilled to be reunited with Brent after the month. He has gotten to take most of the week off, so we have been TRYING to have some fun.

Today, we TRIED to go to the Cherry Blossom Festival, but there were so many people and the trees were already pretty bare, so we kept on driving....to the zoo...that was also so packed the parking lot was closed and all the street parking from here, to pretty much Canada was full too...so we drove some more. We decided, after a nice snack break at Chick Fil A, to come home and get Chloe and take her to a dog park. Sunday was Chloe's 5th birthday, so we celebrated by letting her run like a crazy person at the dog park. It was a lot of fun and Savannah had a great time throwing the balls to the dogs. Here are a few pictures from today!











We have been having fun and hope to have lots more over the weekend!

Update on weight loss: NOT GOING WELL! I think the both of us thought we were on diet vacation while down south. I will report our latest status on Saturday after we weigh in!

In other news, I made my first batch of sweet potatoes for Parker to eat. He loves them and they are so much cheaper than buying those baby jars. I am going to try several other foods too, as he becomes ready to eat them. How fun!

Ok..I am blogged out and it is after midnight. SO TIRED. Happy Blogging!

2 comments:

Katherine said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun, but exhausting (so much driving!!) trip.
We've missed you. Nelson just said, "I want to see Savannah on Sunday!!"

Cindy said...

Just reading about it all wore me out! Ha ha! Glad you guys had a great trip! You got a lot of good pictures to post, too.