First thing, I woke up late causing a whole morning of chaos. Then my outfit messed up, so I switched it...three times....it took forever getting everything in the car and ready for the day...and we hadn't even seen what the Easter Bunny brought Savannah yet....and it was ALREADY 9...9 was when church started!
So, we were all dressed and ready to go, but an hour too late. So..we decided to go on to church, hoping to see the last few minutes and to do the egg hunt. On the way, we got a flat tire, which almost caused a big crash getting onto the interstate, so we had to pull off to a gas station and put air in the tire. I don't know if it was the stress of the morning or the near death experience, but I stopped for a moment and remembered what this day is about.
Easter is not about perfect outfits and curls in our hair.....it is not about candy or the amount of toys we can stuff in a basket.....it is about Christ...and only Him...
I told Brent maybe it took all this stuff happening today to remind me of that. Jesus died for us. He died for me, for Brent, for Savannah, and for Parker, and how can I forget to be so grateful for that? In this hectic life, we often forget about the reason we are here to fret over outfits and cute presents for the kids. God loves us and gave His son for us....would I ever be able to do that? Unlikely...
Then, this afternoon, I was reading a friends blog that really hit home for me (thanks Cindy). So, I will share the song she shared because it really sums up what I should have been thinking about on this day.
How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory.
Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders.
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished.
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished.
I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom,
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer,
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom.
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom!
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure.
How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory.
Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders.
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice,
Call out among the scoffers.
It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished.
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished.
I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom,
But I will boast in Jesus Christ,
His death and resurrection.
Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer,
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom.
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom!
But...alas....I still got some very cute pictures of the kids and family...and even a few of our friends. So...here you go...enjoy...but as you look at them, thank God for beautiful babies, cool crisp mornings, money to buy Easter outfits, the love of friends and family, the fact that you lived to see another beautiful day!

The Loot

Wow...a magnifying glass...

"Does my egg have candy in it?"

Perfect for our little chatterbox!

Hunting eggs

New friend Zoe

Our family photo...

Parker and Sarah

I don't think he looks like his dad AT ALL!! ;)

Sweet couple! LOVE them!

Another sweet couple...

and one more...

Rachel and her niece Zoe

Brent, Parker, Grant, and Ben

The daddies and the babies!

Easter Bunny...and no tears!

Daddy and sweet babies

Rachel and SGM

Pretty little princess

Handsome prince

Cutie patootie!

Sweet girl

Hunting with Kate

Windy day...but cute girls!

The Loot

Wow...a magnifying glass...

"Does my egg have candy in it?"

Perfect for our little chatterbox!

Hunting eggs

New friend Zoe

Our family photo...

Parker and Sarah

I don't think he looks like his dad AT ALL!! ;)

Sweet couple! LOVE them!

Another sweet couple...

and one more...

Rachel and her niece Zoe

Brent, Parker, Grant, and Ben

The daddies and the babies!

Easter Bunny...and no tears!

Daddy and sweet babies

Rachel and SGM

Pretty little princess

Handsome prince

Cutie patootie!

Sweet girl

Hunting with Kate

Windy day...but cute girls!



4 comments:
What a great post, Laura! I can't believe what a morning you had! Amazing! I'm so glad that someone found the song I posted as meaninful as I did...glad I was able to share it with you. You ended up getting some great pictures after all...very sweet! Happy Easter!
I love all your Easter pictures Laura!!! Great reminder about what it's all about too. It's easy to forget that when things get so busy. Love you guys!!!
Thank you for a meaningful reminder sweet friend. Your Easter sounds more hectic than ours! You have a beautiful family Laura : ) I miss ya!
Beautiful pics!!!!!!!!!!!! I love each one and it makes me miss you all so, so much. Your kiddos could not be any more adorable and are getting so big.....wow. We sure do miss you guys! KJS
Post a Comment