Thursday, October 1, 2009

LOTS AND LOTS TO SAY

So, I try and wait until I have pictures to post from events before I start a new blog, but we haven't had a ton of big events going on. Since my last post, my mom and David came down for a week for their vacation. However, it turned into a week full of the stomach bug. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US got it. We were sick all week long, but luckily were able to enjoy Sea World and Aquatica the last couple of days they were here. That was a lot of fun. After they left and we got ourselves over that bug, we were introduced to another sickness. Savannah got a cold, then Parker, then me. I am still getting over it. However, in the midst of that, we went to Ft. Myers to see the Clemmons and had TONS of fun. Life, of course, has been super busy...even through the month of being sick.

We are so excited to be making lots of new friends. We can always count on lots of play dates during the week and lots of fun activities. Not sure if I mentioned it in my last post, but we joined MOPS, which is MOTHERS OF PRESCHOOLERS. It is a great time! Lots of fun new friends and LOTS of little girls Savannah's age. What is so great about this area is that you interact with your community. We live so close to all of our friends and everything is just a hop skip and a jump away. I am so happy. It is so different from DC where we would have to drive 45 minutes to hang out with some of our friends. I feel such a sense of community here. It is DEFINITELY that small town feel.

We cannot believe that Parker will be one in 23 days!!!!!!!!! I just can't get over it. It makes me sad :( He is getting to be such a big boy, and less and less like a baby. He is REALLY thinking about walking and will take some steps here and there, but nothing consistent yet. He can, however, climb all the way up the stairs by himself.

We are so very excited to go to Disney World next weekend to see all the characters Savannah holds near and dear to her heart, including one of her favorites, "CindeBrella." Brents parents are coming down and we are going on Friday and Saturday!

Well....I am sure there will be a very fun post after our Disney adventure, but that is about it for now.

PS-I have also posted a few pictures from our house.

GO VOLS!



Memom taking Savannah down the slide.


Daddy and Savannah

Mommy and Savannah

Here we go again!

Memom and kids

















Parker's first time to play at a playground

No comments: