Thursday, August 21, 2008

Long time...no post!

I am pretty sure this is the longest I have gone without posting something....I really do have a life outside of blogging world! hehe...

Since my last post, I am pleased to announce we have had no more milk incidences.

Brent's team performed at the World War II Memorial in July. I was so excited, but when I got there, I discovered my camera was out of battery...of course. Luckily, our good friend Sarah had her camera and got some good shots. Here are a few from that day. It was amazing!






Next comes our long vacation down south. Brent went to Omaha and we went to TN. Savannah and I were showered with love the entire time we were there, of course, but our sweet friends also showered us with a beautiful shower for Parker the first weekend we were there. He got so many cute things and I was so surprised to get a shower for a second baby. Each one of the hostesses prayed over each of our family of four (Brent, me, Savannah, and Parker), it was precious. Here are a few pictures from the day.






The next fun thing we did was what my mom called, "Baby Day." A bunch of our friends in Knoxville who have young children were invited over to my mom's house for a pool party. It was so fun to see all the little ones playing with each other. Here are some pictures from that day.





The next day Savannah and I set out on a short trip to Nashville, Murfreesboro, Tullahoma, and Chattanooga all in two days. It was a long trip. However, we got to see some great friends and Matt along the way. We met Tanya and Jazmyn in Nashville for lunch, spent the night with Matt, met the new baby Boggess, and finished off visiting Will in Chattanooga. We didn't have our camera out too much, but here are a couple of pictures from that little trip. The baby is Miss Katelyn!



The rest of the week consisted of much needed relaxation. During the weekend, my dad and Janet came in town and we went downtown and spent some time with my Mamaw. On Sunday, I was able to see most of the Bailey family, which was really good since we hadn't seen them since Christmas.

It was a great trip, but I am happy to say NO MORE TRIP UNTIL CHRISTMAS! I can unpack my toiletries. The only trip I will be making is to the hospital to have Mr. Parker!

The day after we got back to DC, I had a doctor's appointment. I am 30+ weeks now, and everything is looking great and he is measuring right on. We have an ultrasound next Friday, so I hope to have some good pictures from that.

Brent leaves AGAIN tomorrow for San Antonio for a week and when he gets back it will be labor day weekend, which will be very busy. Our good friends, the Shirleys, are coming in for the Honor Guards 60th Anniversary celebrations...including a ball in which I must wear an elegant gown at 32 weeks pregnant! Yes...how lovely I will be. We are looking forward to some fun times that weekend including our first UT football game!!!!

Thanks for sticking with me to the end of the post. Happy Blogging!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I loved this blog. Thanks for the good pics! We enjoyed seeing you all so much while you were here. We're praying for you and that precious Parker!

Unknown said...

The pictures are great!! I know you are glad to be home.