Well....today...I reached that point....and all before 10am! There are very few days in my life where I get so mad I want to punch something, but today....I got close. We started our morning, like every other morning...breakfast and Dora. We had a fun day ahead, so I went to hop in the shower. Savannah is always good and watches TV while I am doing this. But today....ha...different story.
Savannah has been having a little trouble keeping her milk in her cup. She likes to paint things as it drips along. I have found her putting milk on everything...yes, everything....Chloe, toilets, beds, plants, books, etc. So, we have been punishing her. The latest, well before today, was when she took her sippy cup to her room and poured the entire thing all over her bed. So...I had to wash her bedding all the way down to the mattress. So...new rule...no food or drinks upstairs. She has been following the rule well.
Today, while I was taking a shower....she got a little risky again. I came down the stairs and boy I found a masterpiece of milk art. Mind you, I was only in the shower like 10 minutes. She had poured milk on Chloe, her dolls, the desk, the office chair, the floor, the entertainment center, in the metal trash can, on Chloe's bed, up and down the hall, in the dining room floor, and worst of all, on the modem and router for the internet. I WAS LIVID!!!!! The first thing I saw was the milk in the chair. So, I pulled her aside and spanked her, clothes on, and told her how bad she was. So...I proceed to clean the chair. But to my surprise, I kept finding the milk...everywhere I turned. When I saw it on the modem, I lost it. I grabbed her again, brought her to the modem and yelled at her that she was a very bad girl and that I was very mad at her. I pulled her pants and spanked her bottom then sat her in timeout. She had to watch as I pour milk out of the electronics. As I am cleaning everything, I kept telling her how bad she was. The modem was fried and their was milk everywhere.....AND by this point, I was already supposed to be at my friends house. So....as mad as I was, I get her dressed and we proceed to leave.
BUT WAIT!! Do you think that is the end!? Um...well, you'd be mistaken! We gathered our things and went downstairs to the laundry room to get some stuff to take with us. The closet door in the laundry room was standing open....humm...that is weird....a game box was on the floor...getting weirder. I walked in a little further to discover that BOTH wall shelves that hold boxes, clothes, games, etc. had fallen and caved in on everything underneath them. There are rubbermaid boxes sitting out in my laundry room that had once been in the tops of the shelves. There are more Trivial Pursuit pieces in the floor than you could imagine, boxes torn in half, work suits on the dusty floor, Christmas breakables all over the place.....and the back door was standing open. So...of course....I WAS LIVID...yet again. I am now 20 minutes late to my friends and stepping on Trivial Pursuit pie slices every time I move. Savannah is screaming to take Chloe out to "poo poo," and I am calling Brent to find out what he knows.
I left the mess and headed on out to my friends. I tell you what, I was this close to canceling, but I was in charge of the meat for our lunch, so I was obligated.
I get Savannah, and we leave everything just as it was. I finally got a hold of Brent who informed me that as he was shutting our back door from letting Chloe out, the entire closet caved in! It only took that little wall vibration to bring the whole thing down. He said he was going to email me about it. You ask why he didn't tell me right away? Well....this all happened at 6am and I think I would have been even more mad if he had gotten me up to tell me all of that! So...he made the right choice to tell me later!
So...I was a little afraid to get in my car and drive...I thought I was surely destined to be in a wreck or run out of gas or something. But, we are home and staying here the rest of the night.
My outing at my friends was wonderful and they all cheered me up.
However, I am so tired!
Savannah and I are friends again....so that is good too! I decided to forgive her pretty quick. But new rule at the Mundie house. NO DRINKS UNLESS YOU ARE IN YOUR CHAIR!
Agh...feels good to vent!
I hope you are all having better days than me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I hate to say it but that post made me laugh:) I am sure it was not at all funny at the time, but maybe you'll be able to laugh about it later. I can just picture all that happening! Thanks for sharing.
Oh my goodness...glad you made freinds with Savannah, otherwise we might not get to see you all this week. Life is a barrel of monkies...for sure with kids. Love you all - Helen
Laura, I'm Vanessa, Laura Blacks friend. I think we met at the Sperry's. So I just wanted to say that I've had those kind of days and they are not fun. I have a 3, 2, and 9 month. On day, for some reason, I decided I was tired of sippy cups. So I chose to not use them for a week. I ended up with milk everywhere!! Needless to say, we are a happy sippy cup family....probably until college! Hehehe!!
I pray your afternoon is peaceful!
You must have been imagining this situation....Savannah would never do such a thing :)
--Kristen Bilderback
What an awful day!! I'm glad you decided to go to your friends' house, because you would've gone mad if you'd stayed home. My sympathies!!!
Oh...Will had an artistic streak with a far-messier medium...I'll leave that up to your imagination...let's just say he made it himself. UGH!!!
Post a Comment