NOTHING, except the fact that they have all been a big part of my life this week. This past weekend started off great. I got up Saturday morning and had a nice pedicure date with a friend. HOW RELAXING!! Then I stopped on my way home to get the mail. In the mail, I found a letter from Europcar. If you don't remember, we had gotten a bill from them claiming we had done over $450 worth of damage to their vehicle. I sent in a dispute, basically letting them have it, and thought I wouldn't hear anything but apologies from them. Ha! Saturday, we got another notice in the mail from them threatening us with legal action if we didn't pay them this money! So....my morning went from relaxing to red hot mad in about 20 seconds. Of course they weren't open until Monday, so I sent in an email. I may have been a little nasty and proclaimed to them once again, that we weren't paying them a dime and that we, too, had legal representation to fight their false claims. So....I sent the email and felt a little better after yelling at them through cyberspace. Saturday went on to be a fine day, and UT even won the football game.
Sunday, after church, Brent, Savannah, and I went to lunch at Wegmans. Now, if you have never heard of Wegmans, it is a big grocery store, but it also has a little "cafe" attached. Our friends from church introduced it to us a couple of weeks ago, and we like it a lot. There is no way to describe the selection of items you can buy to eat at this so called "cafe." It is more like a market. They have a home cooked meat section, fish section, chicken section, pizza, fresh fruits and vegetables, desserts galore, bakery, Asian, salad, and many more. No matter what you want, you can find it there! Savannah and I really like their "pumpin" cookies! All day Sunday, I pondered how wonderful Wegmans was. Savannah and I walked through the grocery part and realized there was nothing we couldn't find there! I know this sounds silly, but shopping at the commissary, you get excited when you shop at places like Wegmans, and realize there is more out there. I compared my experience to one in one of my favorite movies, "What's Eating Gilbert Grape." Johnny Depps character works at this little rinky dink grocery store, but has to find a cake for his brother's birthday. He sneaks off to this giant Foodland store and is just amazed at how different it is and at the selection. Wegmans isn't like a Super Walmart either. It is very pretty with dark wood and great ambiance. I wish there was one closer to our house and was a bit cheaper. Most stuff there is at least double the price at the commissary. So...all that to say my day was consumed with thoughts on Wegmans.
So, Monday rolled around. First thing in the morning, I always check my blood sugar and email. I got an email back from Europcar that said they had made a mistake and we didn't owe them anything and sorry for all the inconveiniences. So....rollercoaster ride over and I, once again, could be in a good mood! We had won this battle with the stupid car company!! So the morning went well and then, I checked the mail!!!!!
All I could see what Account: Brent and Laura Mundie and it was from the IRS. I knew that couldn't be good. I opened it and it was claiming we owed them money for an amendment we did to our taxes this year. So....BAD MOOD. I had decided I would never check my mail again at this point. I got on the phone and waited 20 minutes to be told that, yet again, someone had made a mistake and we owed nothing!!!! Ugh...I really do believe these people will send bills out and they probably get a TON of money from nieve folks who just send in checks. Well....that ain't me! Both Europcar and IRS can go find some other person to pick on! It is amazing how much crap we have dealt with because people claim we owe them money, when we don't.
Monday night Savannah and I went to watch Brent perform for the NATO Air Chiefs and it was great. I didn't take any pictures because it was dark. Later last night, I got really sick and had a pretty miserable night. I woke up this morning feeling really drained and NOT looking forward to going to my doctor's appointments.
So...that leads me to my doctor appointment update. Of course, everything is fine with little man. Today, again, the nurse had extra time so we got to look at Parker for a little while. He was playing with his hands and then up came both of his feet! He was opening his mouth and trying to eat them! It was hilarious. He is doing well, and my amniotic fluid levels are staying up where they need to be. So, after that appointment, I went to the regular OB and got my induction OFFICIALLY scheduled for October 25th sometime before lunch. So...that is exciting....only 18 more days!!! The doctor didn't check my cervix. She asked if I wanted her to, and generally, I would have said yes but, I thought, what's the point really? and I was trying to get home real quick. If I have dilated, I am not in labor yet, so it doesn't really matter, but most likely I haven't dilated. The doctor thought at this point I have at least dilated a centimeter because it is my second baby, but I just decided to wait. Neither of us thought there was any reason to do it. I also found out that I have Group B Strep, so I will have to be on an antibiotic during delivery, but it should all be fine.
Well, that is my life in a large nutshell. I am sure I will have more to say later! Thanks for reading!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment