Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Parker Pictures!

So...we have just woken up to our second day home with two children. How's it going? You ask. Pretty darn good. Parker is doing really well. He is eating really well and then just sleeping A LOT! Savannah loves loves loves him and is adjusting pretty well. She has had her moments, but I can't complain. Brent went back to work today, so it will be an adjustment. Luckily, my mom is still here to help. Last night, we had our first overnight, two child, "traumatic" experience. It wasn't really traumatic, but it was a good introduction into the life with two. At about 2:30, I got up to go to the bathroom. While I was washing my hands, I hear Savannah crying out for me on the monitor. So...I go into her room and she has peed ALL OVER herself and bed. Brent may have forgotten to put a pullup on Savannah last night!! So..she was up and screaming and would only let me help her. On my way out of our bedroom, I hear Parker crying and had to get Brent up to change him and get him ready to nurse. So...we had two screaming children. My mom woke up and helped me clean up Savannah's bed, while Brent got Parker ready....I think we all handled it with grace and Savannah went right back to sleep, Parker nursed, and we were all tucked in again. Parker is doing great at night. Last night he only woke up once from 11:30-7:30. It was nice to get 7 hours of sleep.

This next little story may be a bit too detailed for some readers, but I cannot go without telling it. So, of course with an inquisitive little one like Savannah, all you hear is why are you doing that, what is that, and how does that work....Well, she has asked from the beginning how Parker is getting his food. Every time I sit down to feed him, she brings him some of her pretend food from the dining room. When I tell her he is going to eat from mommy, she asks how...so...I told her, "Parker gets milk from mommy's boobies." Isn't it great talking to a two year old about boobies? This is not our first conversation about them though. She had discovered hers and mine a while back. So, needless to say, she already knows about a "boobie." So, she now says that Parker is "eating from mommy's boobie."....every time! We were all just sitting around last night watching tv, and she came in as serious as can be and asked, "Mommy, can I eat you boobie?" It was HILARIOUS! She, of course, had no idea why we were laughing, but I went on to tell her only little babies like Parker eat from mommies boobies. Wow...you can't make this stuff up....

On that note...here are a few pictures from the last day or so...enjoy and I will write again soon!





7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, leave it to a two year old...I love it...and this is just the beginning. He looks a lot like Savannah when she was born. Can't wait to meet him. Loved the story...Kristen emailed and told me to read before I left work...it is hilarious.

Love to you all! Helen

H Vest said...

That is so funny Laura! Hopefully Savannah won't announce that in front of company of share with her Sunday school teacher. You'll have to let her know that boobie is a "family word" only :)

Allison said...

That story is hilarious! Oh my goodness...glad you blogged about that to have it written down somewhere. I'm sure you'll have lots more funny stories to share...and please keep sharing them!!

Cindy said...

Things must be going well if you have time to blog twice already! Kudos to you! Funny story...priceless!

Rachel said...

oh that girl never ceases to amaze me! I'm glad everything is going well!

Clara said...

So adorable...let me know if Savannah tries to nurse her babies :)...Lily loves to nurse them "like mommy feeds Adam" :) I've got pictures too :) Parker is precious, and looks so big! Wish we could be there...miss you tons, still enroute to NY

Ashley said...

He's adorable! Congrats. It looks like Savannah's enjoying her baby brother!