Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My child is a genius!!!

Well....not really, but I am very proud of her!

Savannah got her first report card today. Because the state funds pre-k in Florida, our preschool is able to participate in pre-k testing. They tested her in four areas. They help predict future school success instructional value. The first area was Print Knowledge Measure (assesses ability to recognize differences between letters and words and knowledge of letter names and the sounds they make). Savannah scored 100%!! The second area was Phonological Awareness Measure (assesses awareness and manipulation of the different sounds in a word). She scored a 64%. The next area was the Oral Language/Vocabulary Measure (assesses the ability to express herself using words, understanding language, and knowledge of age appropriate words and meanings). She (not surprising) scored a 91%. The last area was Mathematics Measure (assesses counting skills, numerical relations skills, and arithmetic reasoning skills). She scored a 78%!! Her overall assessment was an 83%!! Hooray!!

Her teacher said she was definitely advanced for her age and was glad to hear all the stuff Savannah talks to us about at home. The teacher did say Savannah was still a little shy about answering questions, but was doing fine. The only negative thing she said was that Savannah could work on her listening skills....which, I knew! She has a hard time listening at home, as well. Her teacher said she can be a little sassy....no, not my girl ;)

Overall, Mrs. Nancy said Savannah was excelling and encouraged us to start preparing for her to start reading on her own!! Pretty exciting stuff!

I was very happy to get a report on how she is doing since I cannot see her participating in school. This motivates me to work even harder with her!! She is so smart!

4 comments:

grammmy said...

Well of course, look at her gene pool!

Ellen M. Barnes said...

Go Savannah!

Anonymous said...

I love it...I knew the scores would be high....Go Savannah!

Anonymous said...

I love it...I knew the scores would be high....Go Savannah!

Helen