Today, started out really well. The kids and I went on a walk through Bethlehem with Savannah's class. We even saw a baby Jesus sucking on a paci! Too funny. I forgot my camera, so I didn't get any pictures. I HATE when I do that. Then I made the mistake of taking a very tired Parker to eat lunch with some friends. He screamed his head off over every little thing. So, as soon as we got home, he was IN THE BED and so was his mama! Unfortunately, Brent is sick so he stayed home today. I FINALLY convinced him to go to the doctor tonight and he found out he just has a virus, thank goodness. We were a little worried it was strep. I was trying to keep the kids quiet, because all Brent has been doing is sleeping on the couch. However, we have been spending a lot of time at home the last week or so, and I think it is catching up with us. The kids are like wild animals. I am sure they must have gotten into some secret candy stash because they were bouncing off the walls, so as soon as 7:30 rolled around, they were in the bed. This mama is tired! Poor Brent fell asleep AGAIN while I was putting the kids to bed, so I volunteered myself to go get his meds. The cashier goes to ring me up and reminded me that Brent's prescriptions were free. Just another perk I am definitely going to miss when we get out of the military. While I was there, I decided to indulge in some candy therapy for my long day. Here is my therapy:
I realized, however, once I got home, that I only really like two flavors in the box. Not even sure why I picked them. They were still good :)
On a side note, we received this in the mail today!!!
LET THE PLANNING BEGIN!!!!! T-5 months until we hop on a plane and head for IRELAND minus the kids! Just reading the book makes me want to be there right this second. It sounds so peaceful. Someone may have to come kidnap me to get me to come back! Super thrilled. We will be heading there (as far as we know) May 28 through June 9 and the kids will take a vacation the all the grandparents while we are gone!! Ten wonderful days to explore the countryside! We are renting a manual car AND they drive on the "wrong" side of the street....and from what I read, the roads are a wee bit narrow in many places. So....this should be exciting. Brent has been giving me driving lessons, so hopefully I can be a pro by the time we are there! Did I mention that the kids will be with the grandparent?? I love them dearly, but I can't wait to get away with just my husband!! When we went to Italy in 2007, it was such a wonderful relationship enriching experience, and I cannot to do that again with him!!
LET THE PLANNING BEGIN!!!!! T-5 months until we hop on a plane and head for IRELAND minus the kids! Just reading the book makes me want to be there right this second. It sounds so peaceful. Someone may have to come kidnap me to get me to come back! Super thrilled. We will be heading there (as far as we know) May 28 through June 9 and the kids will take a vacation the all the grandparents while we are gone!! Ten wonderful days to explore the countryside! We are renting a manual car AND they drive on the "wrong" side of the street....and from what I read, the roads are a wee bit narrow in many places. So....this should be exciting. Brent has been giving me driving lessons, so hopefully I can be a pro by the time we are there! Did I mention that the kids will be with the grandparent?? I love them dearly, but I can't wait to get away with just my husband!! When we went to Italy in 2007, it was such a wonderful relationship enriching experience, and I cannot to do that again with him!!
PS-If you are not watching "The Sing Off," you are missing out. It comes on NBC on Mondays and Wednesdays at 8 EST. It is an amazing display of raw talent!! No instruments, just voices. LOVE IT!! We watched it tonight via the internet and an HDMI cable hookup since our cable was turned off yesterday. So far, it isn't too bad. All of our favorite shows are right here on line and we stream them to our TV. Totally worth the $80 we are going to start saving each month!!
Alright....after a very random post I will bid adieu and go read some more in my book!!



No comments:
Post a Comment