Enjoy this music while reading :)
If you didn't know, I have a scrooge living with me and his name is Brent. He doesn't like Christmas music or movies or hanging lights outside. He's not one for sappy stuff like that! This, in turn, means I do not get to listen to much Christmas music or watch those sappy Christmas movies where little boy leave their homes on Chrismas Eve to buy their mama some red shoes before she goes to Heaven. And, even when I slip off to start watching one, he'll walk in the room and make fun of me for crying because a prodigal son makes in home in time for Christmas with his family :)
So, all that to say, I slipped off last night, laid in front of the tree, and turned on some pretty Christmas music. I was engulfed in the lights, the stillness, and the music. It was beautiful. The music that was playing was all instrumental and so calming and wonderful.
"Silent Night" began to play and I lay there thinking. Savannah is sick. She has a fever and a little congestion. She was wheezing a little when we put her to bed, so I was a little worried. While listening to "Silent Night" I began saying a prayer for Savannah to rest peacefully. The words of the song drifted into my thoughts...."Sleep in Heavenly peace." I wonder what it really would be like to sleep in Heavenly peace. I mean, there can't be any better peace than that, right? And, if you're like me with two kiddos, most of your sleep is at the opposite side from peaceful. In fact, some days, it is downright STRESSFUL! How amazing it will be to one day sleep in Heavenly peace....even if it means getting to Heaven first so I can do it. Surely in Heaven, there are angels who take care of all the babies so that everyone sleeps in Heavenly peace, right?
So, as I drift deeper into the moment, I thought about that one little baby many years ago, that was sleeping in a manger and how his sleep was probably pretty Heavenly!
For a moment, just think about Mary, Joseph, and Jesus, in that manger at night, when the world was quiet. Put yourself there, in the midst of it all. Reflect on the words from the song, and feel the same sense of peace that I felt while listening to it last night.
"Silent Night, Holy Night all is calm....all is bright
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child (all is calm around mother Mary and baby Jesus)
Holy infant so tender and Mild (think about how peaceful it is to see your own little babies sleeping and imagine what it would have been like to be Mary looking over her infant resting peacefully and knowing he was the Savior--amazing)
Sleep in Heavenly Peace
Sleep in Heavenly Peace......
Silent Night, Holy Night Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from Heaven afar
Heavenly hosts singing Alleluia!
Christ our Savior is Born!!
Christ our Savior is Born!
Silent Night Holy Night Son of God is loves pure light
Radiant beams from thy Holy face
With the dawn of REDEEMING GRACE
Jesus Lord at thy birth
Jesus Lord at thy birth
I hope you enjoyed that moment of peace as much as I did.
Now, back to the day....screaming babies and snotty noses ;)
Enjoy your day!



2 comments:
Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing! I too have a little bit of a Scrooge who doesn't like Christmas music and such.
P.S.-Love the Tennessee Ornament!
Love reading your blog...I am glad to say we love Christmas music and movies at our house. Love to all!
Post a Comment