Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Parker Update-27 weeks and counting.....

Well........today was another boring little appointment, but of course I am glad to report Parker (aka. my uterus) is measuring right on schedule. His heartbeat is strong and he is moving like crazy. They said to make sure he is moving 10 times an hour....try 10 times every 20 seconds! I have a very active little boy in here! So, because I am going to Knoxville next week, I will not have another appointment for three weeks! I am pretty happy about that because it is tiring driving up there every other week. Plus, in only five weeks, I will be up there twice a week! So....I am glad to have an extra week off. I am also happy to report that my glucose numbers are close to perfect. The only two I had over in the last two weeks were when I cheated!! But..um...the chocolate cake and cookies were worth it! She was also happy to say that even when I cheat my numbers aren't outrageous like some. So..all in all...we are doing GREAT!

She wanted to schedule an ultrasound just to check Parker's growth and organ development because occasionally, with gestational diabetes, babies can be too big with underdeveloped organs. There is no need to think this is the case with me. Because I am measuring right on, have good numbers, and not gaining weight too fast, everything is probably just perfect. But, it does mean I get to see the little one moving around....so that is fun. That is scheduled for Aug. 28th. I will be 31 weeks then. THEN, the next week starts the twice a week visits. Twice a week for 7 weeks, we will be able to go and see little Parker and make sure my amniotic fluids are good and have a stress test. This is what we did with Savannah, and it was fun to see her all the time....however.....45 minute drives twice a week are going to get old fast! At least we have something very exciting to look forward to when we get there.

Well...that's that....

Until next time....

No comments: