Friday, July 25, 2008

Very Sad...

The "Last Lecture" professor, Randy Pausch, dies at 47.

I have been following this story for a while now, and it hurts my heartstrings to know he lost his battle with cancer. If you do not know about him, I sincerely hope you will take a minute, or hour, to listen to his "Last Lecture." He had originally written it for his children after he was diagnosed with cancer, but then he ended up doing it for his class at Carnegie Mellon, and it has now become a very famous lecture. Watch it. It will inspire you and really make you think. If you do not have the time to watch the lecture in its entirety, then go to the third link on my blog. It was from when he appeared on Oprah and did a shorter version. However, I would encourage you to take an hour out of your day to watch it. Very Much Worth It!


This is his lecture:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji5_MqicxSo

This is the USA Today article about him:
http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2008-07-25-pausch-obit_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip

The shorter version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BODHsU3hDo4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I READ THIS IN THE PARADE FROM THE NEWSPAPER. IT WAS A GOOD STORY

mom