Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thursday Tales.....



Well.....It has been a little while since I updated on our life here in sunny DC. We have been home for a few days since our wonderful vacation.

Life around the Mundie house has been a little stressful the last few days. When we arrived home on Saturday, we found a single flea on Chloe. Not too surprising since we were in the mountains all last week.....we bathed her and thought we had it. Well...Sunday, another single flea. Ok, getting annoying...we gave her another bath and the flea, gone. So, Monday, another single flea! So, I went to the vet and got some stuff to get rid of the flea. I know I know...a single flea is not that big of a deal, but did you know one single flea can lay up to 1000 eggs?!?! That should make anyone want to puke! So....all day Monday, I am spraying down the house, vacuuming EVERYTHING, cleaning our beds, etc. Well, Monday afternoon, I went to check Chloe to see if I saw a flea. None to be found..THANK GOD! But, unfortunately, I found these two spots on Chloe that were swollen. We, of course, got nervous, and took her into the vet....So, this is the second time in one day we have visited the vet. They found lots of spots on Chloe and had us bring her in on Tuesday to be shaven and do some further testing. They found that she has several infections so we are giving her meds and steroids. She has had an allergic reaction to something, probably from out in the wild on our trip. So...the poor thing is recuperating and I hope we are over all of her drama....our wallet really hopes we are!

In other news, I had a doctor's appointment today. I still cannot believe that I am 25+ weeks! This pregnancy is FLYING by. I passed everything with flying colors. Good blood pressure, great blood sugar levels, slow weight gain (which is excellent for me!), Parker is measuring right on, etc. I found out that in seven weeks (32 weeks preggers), I am going to start going in TWICE A WEEK for fetal monitoring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, twice a week, 45 minutes away! This is typical for a gestational diabetic, but geez.....My doctor said we can see if they will allow me to do it at Andrew AFB, which is only about 15 minutes away, but she wasn't very confident that they would let me do that. Unless my weight gain drastically increases or there is a reason for concern, I will probably only have one more ultrasound at about 37 weeks. So, that's that.

I guess I didn't have quite as much to update on as I thought.

I hope you all have a terrific weekend and happy blogging!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh fleas! How I hate them! Knock on wood, the last time our cat (and our house) had them, Will was just crawling, so I was scared to flea bomb the house. We tried sprinkling Borax on all the carpet and vacuuming that up, but I think I ended up flea bombing anyway. We took a really long drive...it seems like it was mid-winter...until all the fumes died down. I don't envy you!

Unknown said...

Hey, that is one cute singer/dancer!! I posted a new video of her on my facebook.