Saturday, February 21, 2009

Patrick AFB, here we come!!!!


Well...Brent got a call at 9:30 tonight from his commander letting us know that we are moving to Patrick Air Force Base (Cocoa Beach, FL) in July!!! Patrick was our number one choice!! Brent is going to be the Nuclear Weapons Launch Detection Satellite Control Officer...whew...try and say that three times! Basically, from what I gather, he will be in the office that controls satellites that would detect if someone else was launching a nuclear weapon on the United States! Pretty cool stuff....a little nerve racking too! We are shocked....and thrilled...and overwhelmed...

We have spent the last hour looking at houses because we can afford to buy a great house there!!! We are so excited to have a real house...that is our own!!!

I am way too tired to be on here writing, but I wanted to share in our excitement!!

We had two birthday parties for Savannah today....so...look for some posts with that and her new gymnastics class later tomorrow!

I will end by saying...God is good! We are so blessed....our first choice....we can't believe it!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

That's amazing! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

congrats!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Craig was born at P.A.F.B. and they lived in Cocoa Beach, while his dad was in the A.F. Hope to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

That is such fun news!!! I am thrilled for you guys and Brent's position there sounds awesome. We love and miss you guys. KJS

Katherine said...

Congrats! :)
Nelson is already talking about going to "Savannah's new house" to see "rockets going 5,4,3,2,1 blastoff!"

How often can we plan to visit???? :)

Traveling Woman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.