Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Valentines!

Brent's parents came into town this weekend, which allowed Brent and I to have a very special Valentines dinner. Brent surprised me with six red roses for the six years we have been married on Valentines day. He also surprised his mom and Savannah with a single red rose....SO SWEET. Then Brent and I got all dressed up and went to dinner at the Capital Grille. If you want to eat the best steak in your life, and have a small fortune, I would recommend a visit to this place! It was awesome. We were pretty blown away at their wine menu too. We do not drink, so we know nothing about wine. Their menu had like maybe 20 dinner items on the front, but when you opened the menu, there were about 400 different wines!! They even had a supplemental book with more wines in it, including a $5000, yes $5000 bottle of wine! We asked how often someone bought a bottle this expensive, and they guy said, "All of the time!" WOW...Anyways, it was a perfect dinner. We even got valeted. I felt like a VIP!

After dinner, we drove over to U street and ate some yummy dessert at the Love Cafe. They serve my favorite cake love slices, so I was in heaven!

We finished our night with a leisurely stroll around....Target! We were waiting on Brent's dad to get in from Atlanta, so we took the opportunity to walk around Target with no babies.

It was a very fun night! Thanks Brent...and thanks Jenny for taking care of the kids!

Here are a couple of pictures from their trip!




3 comments:

McCoy family said...

So romantic!! What a sweetie.

Cindy said...

I can't tell you how many married dates we've been on that have included a trip to Target! It's like a different place when you can stroll leisurely through, kid-free, isn't it? Glad you had a nice date!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a great night out...and so sweet of the Mundie's to be there for the kids. Great pictures of Grammy and Tom with the little one. Looks like all enjoyed!

Love you all - Helen