I am soooooooooo excited to announce that Brent won an awesome award last night! I had told you guys he won the CGO (company grade officer) of the year award for his group...Well, last night he won CGO of the Year for the entire base!!!!!!!!! That means he is THE BEST out of every 1st LT, 2nd LT, and Captain that works on the base!!!!!! We will go to an awards dinner on May 1st, where we will find out if he will make CGO of the Year for the Air Force District of Washington, which means all the CGO's in the AF in DC!!!!!!! He is super excited with his accomplishment, as am I! We are also very proud of his Sr. NCO Master SGT. West, who was the Sr. NCO (Non Commissioned Officer) of the Year.
Here is what was posted today on the base website about Brent:
Capt. Brent A. Mundie
11th Wing CGO of the Year
Captain Mundie is the drill team flight commander for the United States Air Force Honor Guard. He commanded the 11th Wing's most visible flight, showcasing the Air Force for audiences of senior leaders and Airmen during 113 missions that entailed 165 temporary duty days. He was the officer and charge and commander of troops for 123 funerals, drills and DoD and Air Force-level events. Captain Mundie was also the drill team leader for three separate Air Force Weeks in Philadelphia, Penn.; Omaha, Neb.; and Los Angeles, Calif. He completed 15 hours towards his master's degree at Webster University.
He got some pretty great gifts including the cool award he is holding in the picture and he even gets his big picture posted in the BX (base exchange) for the next year! LOL..
If you get a chance, email him and tell him congrats! He would love it!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS BRENT. I AM SOOO PROUD OF YOU.
What an honor! I know you're so proud of him, as well you should be. Congratulations, Brent!
Way to go Capt. Mundie!
Congrats Brent--That is awesome to hear. You should go and an buy a shortsale to celebrate!!
John
Way to go, Brent!!! That is so, so awesome. I just caught up on that adorable little girl's 3rd birthday party and adorable 4 month old Parker~ those two kiddos are so cute! I sure do miss you guys and am SO thrilled about your upcoming life in FL~ I hope we can see you guys this spring/summer. Hugs to you all. KJS
Post a Comment