Well, tomorrow marks six weeks or less until Mr. Parker's arrival. Can you believe it? This pregnancy is going by so fast. I am happy that all the friends around me are having easy labors with their second babies. I HOPE this means I will also have an easy labor, but, in reality, I am not so confident. All I have to go on is my last pregnancy that ended in 30 agonizing hours of labor!! But, a mama can hope, can't she!?!
Ok, so...today was my second prenatal assessment in the high risk clinic. They are pretty relaxing, actually. You get to lay in a bed for 20 minutes uninterrupted....well, mostly uninterrupted. Parker was very cooperative on Tuesday. We got good readings and saw his little ears, hair, and him practicing breathing. However, he HATES HATES HATES to have something on my stomach, so he kicked the stress test monitor off four times! It was easy to find him again, and we were on our way. He was also in head down position that day, which made me happy!
Today....we were not so lucky! We had a good stress test reading for about 10 minutes, then WHAM, he kicked it off....It took the tech almost 20 minutes to find his heartbeat again. We knew he was alive because he was moving around like crazy...he was just hiding. It was pretty funny. A couple of times Parker even kicked my belly where the tech's hand was saying, "Get away from me!" Finally, we got him to cooperate and get a good reading, so he passed the test.
Savannah got to go with us today to see little Parker in the ultrasound. She hasn't "seen" him since he was 10 weeks. She was so excited all morning to go see baby Parker. Once we actually did the ultrasound, she cared for approximately 30 seconds. She saw his little face and then could care less. All she wanted to do was kiss Brent. I do not know if she was expecting to see him for real, as a real baby, or what, but either way...she wasn't nearly as thrilled as I expected her to be. She smiled really big at the beginning, but then off to kissy land with daddy.
So, all in all, everything is going great! Parker has passed both stress test with flying colors. He was called an "active boy" and "happy baby." Those words make me happy! I think my favorite part is watching him "breathing" the amniotic fluid practicing for the real world, which he will see very soon. He is back in the transverse position, so we want him to move head down pretty soon. He still has some time to move around, but head down is best to avoid a c-section.
Please keep us in your prayers as we rapidly get closer and closer to D-Day! My prayer is that, of course, he will be healthy, and well. I pray that I will go into labor on my own, without medical intervention, AND I pray that we will not have to stay too long in the hospital, so we can get back to Savannah!! Keep Savannah in your prayers, too, as she makes this transition into big sisterhood! She is SO excited, and I hope she stays that way once Parker is home!
Thanks!!
Friday, September 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
So glad the test went well!! I can't believe how soon he will be here!! How exciting! We can't wait to meet the little guy! We are praying for you.
Post a Comment