Well....I have been a gestational diabetic for one week now and just thought I would update on some things that have happened this week. I have started "dieting" and exercising (walking mostly) and poking myself to keep track of my blood sugar levels! That is the worst part. I still flinch every time, even though it doesn't even really hurt. My numbers have stayed pretty low unless I have cheated! But, I got a new monitor yesterday and I think it is reading a little higher than my last one, so we will have to see what kind of numbers that brings. I am hoping to just be able to manage this with diet and exercise. But, it is all a balancing act and things have to be just perfect. So, they will monitor me closely and make changes as needed. It is HIGHLY unlikely that even in the worst case, I would have to do insulin, so that is good. Another tidbit of information I found out yesterday is that they will "make" me be induced by my due date. That is just their general rule. I asked if I begged, would they let me go further, and she said probably not. I am hoping to at least go a couple of days past (I'm due on a Wed) into the weekend, to make things easier on all of us. UGH!!! I do not want to be induced....not at all...
So, it looks like Parker will make is debut no later than Nov. 1. I think he is very excited about this because he is jumping around in my belly as I write this post!!
An exciting thing that happened last night/this morning at 2am was that I felt Parker move on the outside! I was laying there deciding if I really needed to "potty" bad enough to get up yet, and he was moving, so I gently placed my hand on my side, and there he was...kicking away! Every other time I have tried to feel him on the outside, he stops moving...so this was exciting, even though it was 2am. I thought about waking Brent up, but because he had to be at work at 330 yesterday morning and worked until 630 last night, AND had to be back at work by 6 this morning, I would refrain. It is unlikely he would have even woken up if I had tried! If you know anything about Brent, you would know that a jet could fly through our bedroom and he would not budge.
So that is our life this week...so far...
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Yay for Baby Parker. He is going to be so strong! I am getting really excited about Boone! Ok, lets be honest...I have BEEN excited. I may call you so that we can work out the details! love y'all! - April
I'm so sorry about the news on the induction. We'll start praying NOW for Parker to decide to join the outside world a few days BEFORE his due-date so you can avoid being induced!. Will the weekend before work? :)
So cool that you can feel him kicking on the outside now! :)
So glad that week 1 has been going well- you looked beautiful at church on Sunday! I still cannot believe how much Savannah is talking and almost keeled over when she said "hi Bennett!" She is so big and adorable.
Post a Comment