Well, as I suspected, I have gestational diabetes again. I am not thrilled about having it, but I am not upset either. If well managed, there is no harm done. Plus, I am forced to eat better, exercise, and document it for accountability. With Savannah, I only gained 16 pounds because of my strict diabetic diet, so I am hoping I can do the same or better with this one. I found out 8 weeks sooner with this pregnancy, so I have a head start. Another "good" thing about having gestational diabetes is that we will get a couple of more ultrasounds and see little boy Mundie. So, that's not bad! My level of gestational diabetes is very very low, so there is not much need, at least at this point, for anything more than diet change and exercise, so no medication or anything. I pray that I can continue to do well enough that I will not have to take any medication. I will go to a two hour gestational diabetes class on Tuesday of next week, which will be more of a refresher course for me, since I have had it before. Then, I will start to see the group of OB's that specialize in gestational diabetes. It is in the same offices, just a different hallway. My main request/prayer is that I do not have to be induced. I was happy to be induced with Savannah on my due date because of the diabetes, but it was horrible!!!!! I would not recommend being induced to anyone. Savannah was not big or anything, so there was no real reason to induce, especially so soon. I will be ok with inducing if a week passes by after his due date, but no earlier. So...that is my prayer...that the doctors will not force me to be induced.
Anyhoo, I just thought I would update you on my test results. Just in the three days that I have changed my diet and started exercising daily, I have noticed a change in my energy level and just feeling better in general. That is pretty amazing for three days, I think!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I will definitely keep you in my prayers for you to have a natural delivery. Love you girl! Helen
Post a Comment