I should back up and tell you I have been telling her about this chart I have that she is going to get to put stickers on when she sits on the potty, pee pee's, or poo poo's, but hadn't actually made it yet.
Ok, on with the story...So, after dinner, she sat on the potty, and in five seconds pees! So, of course, we scream and go tell daddy. So, I tell her she can put a sticker on this chart I hadn't made...I rushed in the office and got the poster board and very hurriedly colored on a chart. Here is a picture of what it looked like...

So, I told her to pick out a balloon sticker to put under the pee pee section, and then we put stickers on the trying section from the day today. I am only doing a trying section for a little while because she had been screaming and refusing to even sit on the potty, so I feel she should get a reward for listening and trying...at least for a while...but what do I know...I am making it up as I go along...only acting as though I have a clue about what I am doing. I also decided that once Savannah does something on the potty a certain amount of times, I will give her a prize. Something like a piece of candy or to play a game we do not play very often. I told her that she has to try really hard to get a prize. She just happens to love prizes, so she was getting pumped!!
Savannah was soooooooo excited to put the stickers on, she ran back into the bathroom, pulled her panties down, and wham, peed again!! She was so excited! So...another sticker was put on. She went back into the bathroom, and again, pulled her panties down, and told us she pee peed, but she didn't, so we told her she only pee pees when something actually comes out, not just when she sits! It was very funny. So, no poo poo today, not even in a diaper, so....I guess we will see what tomorrow brings...
Just having her pee on the potty is a huge victory, so I had to share!
Next....last night we took the rail off of Savannah's crib and told her she was going to be a big girl and sleep in her big girl bed. She was fine, didn't get up, and went right to sleep. However, at 5am, she feel out of the bed and screamed a little. Scared me more than her, I am sure. So, I rocked her and told her to stay away from the side where she could fall. She did great and slept until 8:30. Nap time was a little more of a challenge. I had to go in twice and tell her to stay in her bed. But, after that, she took a two hour nap!
I feel we are making her a big girl overnight to get ready for the new baby. I know we still have five months, but we didn't want to push all this on her too close to the baby.
Our biggest challenge yet will be to get rid of the "night night," or passy she loves so dearly. She doesn't use it except to fall asleep, but I think we are going to have some rough nights getting rid of it. So, our decision is to work on the big girl bed and potty training and leave stealing her night night to last. That way, she has her comfort while learning to be a big girl, at least for a while!
So, this is the adventure in the Mundie house this week! Brent's parents are going to be here Thursday and stay about a week, so I am sure we will have some adventures to write about then. Brent is getting promoted to Capt. on Friday, so they are coming in for the ceremony and to be here when we find out what the baby is!
So...for now...goodnight and happy blogging!
Savannah was soooooooo excited to put the stickers on, she ran back into the bathroom, pulled her panties down, and wham, peed again!! She was so excited! So...another sticker was put on. She went back into the bathroom, and again, pulled her panties down, and told us she pee peed, but she didn't, so we told her she only pee pees when something actually comes out, not just when she sits! It was very funny. So, no poo poo today, not even in a diaper, so....I guess we will see what tomorrow brings...
Just having her pee on the potty is a huge victory, so I had to share!
Next....last night we took the rail off of Savannah's crib and told her she was going to be a big girl and sleep in her big girl bed. She was fine, didn't get up, and went right to sleep. However, at 5am, she feel out of the bed and screamed a little. Scared me more than her, I am sure. So, I rocked her and told her to stay away from the side where she could fall. She did great and slept until 8:30. Nap time was a little more of a challenge. I had to go in twice and tell her to stay in her bed. But, after that, she took a two hour nap!
I feel we are making her a big girl overnight to get ready for the new baby. I know we still have five months, but we didn't want to push all this on her too close to the baby.
Our biggest challenge yet will be to get rid of the "night night," or passy she loves so dearly. She doesn't use it except to fall asleep, but I think we are going to have some rough nights getting rid of it. So, our decision is to work on the big girl bed and potty training and leave stealing her night night to last. That way, she has her comfort while learning to be a big girl, at least for a while!
So, this is the adventure in the Mundie house this week! Brent's parents are going to be here Thursday and stay about a week, so I am sure we will have some adventures to write about then. Brent is getting promoted to Capt. on Friday, so they are coming in for the ceremony and to be here when we find out what the baby is!
So...for now...goodnight and happy blogging!



5 comments:
wow! Way to go Savannah! I hope today goes well, too!
YEAH SAVANNAH!!! :) She's doing awesome! So far, we've gotten rid of Paci, and have Lily's crib rail down, but NO LUCK potty training...good for you guys..you're doing awesome!
You and Ashley should share potty training stories:) Have I told you the "mell good" story about Lydia?! It's a good one!
yay!!! way to go Savannah!!! I love the adventures of the Mundie house :)
Good ideas. We might have to borrow some to try with Caroline. Its time for us to get serious about potty training too.
Post a Comment