Sunday, June 15, 2008

Small Victories Can Be HUGE!!

Well, we are VERY VERY excited to let you know that Savannah went this entire day in cotton underwear and did not pee or poo one time in her pants!! She has done so well! We are still putting her in a diaper at nap and bed time, and I have no idea what I am supposed to do next? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I definitely think she is ready for whatever the next step is. We are working on pottying while we are out, and she is doing pretty well. She will sit on big toilets and go, but she will not tell me she has to go when we are out....unless it is at someone else's house, but not at a store or restaurant. I think if we give it a little more time, she will start to ask. I have read so many different things about what to do while they are sleeping and am not sure what I want to do. She still pees a lot at night, so I think I will wait a while until she starts to stay a little more dry. We are telling her to keep her diapers dry during nap and night time, but she isn't really understanding that yet.

Well, we are thrilled at our little lady's progress and can't believe how well she is doing for only working on it a little under two weeks.

We always knew she was a genius....hehe..

In other news, I failed my first glucose tolerance test, and have to go in at 7 in the morning for the three hour one, which...I expect to also fail. What this means to me...not too much. With Savannah, it was fairly relaxed because my numbers weren't very high. Basically, I just have to start eating less carbs, which means less sugar and pasta!! The good news is, it makes me gain a lot less weight....the bad news....NO SUGAR!! I mean, come on!!! Oh well, I am fine to make this sacrifice for my baby boy!

No baby name yet....sigh...hopefully soon...I am ready to start calling him a name rather than "baby boy"!!

Happy blogging!

1 comment:

Clara said...

Hey Laura, I'd leave her in dipes at nap and night till she stays mostly dry, it'll happen...Noah was already to that point when we trained him, so it wasn't such a big deal..just keep telling her to try to stay dry in them, and don't rush that part..then you could transition to plastic pants & trainers or go straight to panties and see if she wets...but I wouldn't rush it. It could be as much as a year before she really can go thru the night dry.. just my 10 cents:)